May 7, 2010

The first and last suppers


Wow, what happened to April?


Oh that's right... I moved!

While packing, I discovered I had a lot of food. Condiments, spices, canned and dried goods, frozen foods... honestly, if I'd lived at my old place for another year and didn't buy any more groceries, I would still have had plenty to eat.


I tried, I really did, to use up all of my food before moving. I didn't come anywhere near close to doing so, but I did manage to use up the rest of my frozen chicken stock (to make this asparagus risotto).


I'm not sure I want this turkey BLT to qualify as my first official meal since all I really did was fry up some turkey bacon. But I did make this:


Chipotle mayo--a little bit of chipotle sauce mixed in with some plain mayo. Gave the sandwich a nice little kick. Official first meal or not, it was satisfying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

everything on this page looks better than 90% of what we ate in italy. ok, maybe 60%. but that ain't bad. last few hrs before waking up early to the airport.

NL

Post a Comment