May 31, 2010

Breakfast, lunch and then some


I am especially proud of these pancakes. They were a little dense, but in a wonderful, pillow-y kind of way. I used the New York Times recipe but separated the eggs and whipped the egg whites before folding into the batter at the very end. I won't make pancakes any other way now.



Best. Lunch. Ever.

Smoked salmon, red onion, cucumber, watercress, creme fraiche on a cracker. Accompanied by an iced coffee. Heaven.


As usual, I had some items that needed to be used up, this time, bananas and milk. I've made banana nut muffins before but oh my, I haven't made these banana nut muffins. It's the Barefoot Contessa recipe for banana crunch muffins--I pretty much left out all the crunch (because I didn't want to buy a bunch of extra ingredients) other than the walnuts. But the crunch is not missed at all. These are amazing.

All in all, a very successful cooking day. I am quite pleased. Smug as a bug in a rug.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i used to be into english cucumber sandwiches w cream cheese. using english cucumbers causes "less gas production in the body." i read it on the internet, so it must be true.

NL

Post a Comment