May 21, 2010

Eggs in tomato sauce


One day, while contemplating what to eat, I came across this recipe for eggs in tomato sauce. It is a concept I'd heard of before (aka eggs in purgatory) but had not appealed to me until just then.

It seemed super easy, and I am a big fan of sunny-side up eggs (runny, but not too runny), which I'll put on top of kale, polenta, spaghetti squash, etc.



This is how I started making my universal tomato sauce in the first place, to go along with this egg dish. Now I can just heat up some of my prepared sauce, crack and egg in it, and wait. To help it along, sometimes I'll kind of distribute the tomato sauce over the white part.


Toasted bread, some cheese and parsley...


It still seems strange to me to like this so much (a runny egg and tomato sauce?? weird) but I do! There is something about the hearty tomato sauce and how the egg melts into it. Great for breakfast, lunch (not at the office though) or dinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am just now appreciating sunny side up on burgers.

NL

Post a Comment