February 27, 2011

Sardines and cream cheese


When my brother and I were younger, we would make a snack of crackers topped with cream cheese and green olives, the kind with the red stuff on the inside. I'm not sure what he was thinking, but I considered this haute cuisine back then. Meanwhile, we'd be watching DuckTales or the Smurfs.


I'm still topping stuff with cream cheese. But I'm not watching DuckTales anymore! Because I've graduated to Pretty Little Liars.



And I've graduated to sardines. Sardines are supposed to be really good for you.


You can diminish the health benefits of sardines by mixing it with some full-fat cream cheese. You will, however, greatly increase the taste benefits.


Note: I used boneless, skinless canned sardines in oil. I also added some chopped scallions and black pepper. I kept it pretty simple, eating it on some toast. I could see adding a squeeze of lemon, red onion instead of scallions, or some capers (or green olives!) to vary it a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment