October 6, 2010

Spinach miso soup


This is my kind of comfort food.


I based this on a soup that my aunt makes, with assistance from this recipe I found online, since I was just going by memory.

First I started by heating up some Korean-style broth (about 2 cups, previously frozen), 2 cups of water (I could have gone all broth, but wanted to dilute it a little, since I would be adding miso), 1/2 a sliced onion and 1 clove of garlic, sliced.


I added Korean miso, about 2 heaping teaspoons.


Let it simmer for a little...


At the very end, I added a huge handful of spinach.


Check for seasonings... just a little pepper.


I couldn't resist adding some sambal oelek (chili paste) for a little kick.

Yum. So warm and comforting. This made plenty for one dinner plus leftovers for another.

No comments:

Post a Comment