November 15, 2010

Double oatmeal chocolate chip walnut cookies


There are some foods that need to rest before eaten (steak), or that get better the next day, as the spices and flavors truly blend together (chili, Indian food).


But there are some foods, like these oatmeal cookies on steroids, that must be eaten right out of the oven.


I've made these before, in April 2009, but back then, I didn't get a chance to try them - and I had no idea what I was missing. I can't believe I waited so long to experience such enlightenment.


I adjusted the size, using a smaller ice cream scooper, and managed to make 30. This time I also added chocolate chips and walnuts. Very good idea. I love the added crunch from the steel cut oats.

Although these cookies tasted amazing right out of the oven, they stayed nice and chewy for several days after - precisely five days, although they probably could have lasted longer, if only I had shown some self-restraint.

And they're still great for breakfast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good for you, for breaking up the oatmeal raisin monopoly. why can't raisin hating choclate chip lovers enjoy an oatmeel cookie? i'm spelling things foenetically now, i've decided.

NL

Post a Comment