May 27, 2011

Even better easy cocktail sauce


Thanks to Ina Garten and Canada, I am now in possession of an even better cocktail sauce than this one.

First of all, oh Canada - the one thing I brought back from a recent trip is a bottle of ketchup aux tomates because a) the label is in French, and b) I like it better than the American version. My first taste, on some breakfast potatoes in Montreal, I thought, hm different. On the second taste: wait, is it different? Third taste: definitely different. Fourth: omg yummy this is the best ketchup evah!!! I think it's because they actually use more sugar than the U.S. (The label says they use "liquid sugar" but upon some Wikipedia research, I think this is a euphemism for high fructose corn syrup, boo.)



Secondly, Ina Garten adds chili sauce to her cocktail sauce. I never even knew chili sauce existed in this form, but it gives cocktail sauce its texture and adds more to the taste.


Other ingredients are the usual suspects: Worcestershire, lemon, Tabasco, a little chili pepper and regular black pepper. Yummy tangy sweet.

And I just noticed a tip at the end of my older post about refrigerating cooked shrimp, which I had totally forgotten. How brilliant the younger me was; how forgetful the older me is.

No comments:

Post a Comment