October 20, 2010

Yesterday's lunch


This title is a bit of a misnomer since I had intended to post this two weeks ago. Then suddenly the wheels fell off the wagon and I experienced work stress like I've never felt before. I always thought I was one of those emotional eaters but apparently when I really feel stress, I lose my appetite.

I got through the most stressful part and am hungry again, but lately, because of the nature of my job, the bulk of my work will be in the evenings and on the weekends, which totally sucks for me as it gets into my farmer's market and cooking time - bah!

[I mean honestly, if I really only have work at night and on the weekends for the next month, can't I just stay at home during the day? Instead I have to sit here with too much time on my hands to think about all the cooking I could be doing - I think I bookmarked about five more recipes I want to try that I probably never will. Getting depressed...]

Anyways, back to the food...

I wanted to post this admittedly terrible photo because I was proud of my improvisation skills at coming up with this lunch (because when it comes to cooking, I'm really not that great at improvising). It's a variation of a black bean salad, but I had absolutely nothing to make it an actual salad other than a little red onion and a little leftover tomatillo salsa. So on the way to work I bought an avocado (love those fruit and veggie stands all over the city) and also took a little baggie with all the crumbs from the bottom of a bag of blue corn tortilla chips, both of which I added at the office. Voila, lunch! And I finally found a use for those annoying crumbs at the bottom of my bag of chips - they added a terrific crunch to the soft beans and avocado. It was so surprisingly delicious, I took a photo of it using my phone (hence the awful photo) and intended to post it here right away but then... well don't even get me started!

No comments:

Post a Comment