November 19, 2010

Chicken chili/stew


What I love about this chicken chili/stew is that I was able to use four - four! - things that I'd made previously to assemble this meal:


Because I had all of these things stocked up (some in the freezer) and ready to go, this was a fairly easy meal to prepare on a weeknight.

I used this recipe for tomatillo chicken stew as a guideline. After I sauteed some chopped onions with some jalapenos and spices and herbs (cumin, chili powder, oregano), I basically just dumped everything into a pot and let it simmer until it got a little thick and the beans had re-softened. I added some previously frozen corn at the end and seasoned more to taste.


Topped with a little cheddar cheese and fresh cilantro.


It was kind of like regular old chicken soup, except with a twist - tomatillo which gave it a tang and some body, and jalapenos and spices which gave it a kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment