July 12, 2010

Roasted potatoes with parsley-caper dressing


In the middle of the hottest summer that I can remember, I keep wanting to eat things that require using the oven.


Like roasted potatoes.

Not just any roasted potatoes though. I wanted to dress them in this parsley-caper dressing, referred to as salsa verde by Orangette. Mostly I was drawn to it as a way to use up some parsley. (This is the bane of my existence--trying to use up ingredients I have on hand. Parsley is a repeat offender.)


I managed to roast potatoes (which had a touch of olive oil and salt and pepper mixed in) in my toaster oven. Considering that I was making a fairly small amount, the toaster oven was perfect.


While the potatoes roasted, I put together the ingredients for the dressing. I mashed garlic with a pinch of salt (using a fork, my second favorite way to mince garlic--I'll introduce my first another time).



To this, I added chopped parsley, chopped capers, a squeeze of lemon, a little olive oil and salt.


I dumped in the roasted potatoes and adjusted seasonings accordingly.


If I was capable of making more than one thing at a time, I might have enjoyed this with a little grilled or steamed fish, or maybe a little bowl of tomato soup. Instead, I ate it on its own for dinner, relishing the tang of capers and lemon, and dreaming of winter (when I will inevitably wish for summer).

No comments:

Post a Comment